Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blog Post #5

While reading the Fiction packet I must admit I fell completely in love with it. It takes readers on a journey as to what one should and should not do when writing fiction. There were so many things that I already knew of such as character development that the author gave a new twist to in order to give a new perspective on how to do them. With this being said it would be pretty obvious to see why the character section of the packet was my favorite.
   I've attempting writing short stories where the characters don't really grow or tend to act out in stereotypical ways with resolutions that can be seen a mile away. I never thought that developing a character would take time for both the writer and the reader. Thinking of a character of more of a polaroid makes my job as the writer a lot easier. Learning to go with the flow and do what YOU think the character would actually do instead of what they SHOULD do is what makes a character grow.
    This "letting the chips fall where they may" approach really opened my eyes and will definitely be incorporated into whatever type of writing I decide to do next. Another technique that I liked was how the characters can have traits or certain characteristics of people that we already know. This is something that I tend to do already; I never thought that this was a actually thing that many others did as well. Our characters help to set the plot of our story and the events that occur to them. Everything falls to place once the character is developed and without a strong character that readers are fond of, the story will go no where. This is what I've learned from the fiction packet.

1 comment:

  1. great... make sure to post a reading response every week... nice work here, keep going...

    ReplyDelete